Fall is hands-down my favorite season of the year. It’s the time to enjoy the glorious colors here in the Midwest, and also to prepare ourselves for the cooler weather that will arrive soon. Here are some easy ways for your home to reflect the beauty of the season:
- Change the look of your home’s entry to reflect Fall’s colors. Whether it’s a great wreath, a bunch of Indian corn or other decorative item, your guest’s first impressions will be warm ones!
- Don’t forget the flowers that grace your entry! Mums in spice-colored hues, ornamental kale and even dried grasses add another note of welcome.
- Indoors, it’s time to put away all of the summer’s pastels and pull out or add cozy throws draped over chairs and sofas and rich jewel-toned throw pillows for a look that says “Sit and stay a while”.
- For beautiful indoor floral arrangements, incorporate natural items like pine cones, squashes, bare branches and even nuts and berries
- The quintessential fall home accessory- a fireplace! If you have one, be sure it is stacked with logs, even if you never turn it on. Or, place a large dried fall arrangement in it. A cozy embellishment lends a feeling of warmth whether or not there’s a fire.
These are just a few of my favorite ways to warm up my home for fall. What are yours? Do you change slipcovers or rugs to welcome the new season? How about other rooms in your home? Is there a way that you enjoy Fall’s splendor?