I’ve been working with one of my very favorite clients on her kitchen for the past few months. It has been great fun and we’re almost at the finish line! Yea!! I’ll give you an overview of the project and a couple of “before” shots, and next week I’ll have some (non-professional) shots of the finished project for you to see.
Here’s what we started with:
- Very small kitchen
- We wanted to be able to give her the greatest amount of counter space, yet we have to allow for access to the window in case of a problem with it.
- Better access to cabinets and more organized storage
- Strange placement of outlets with the inability to change their location (we’d have to put a plate over the existing location)
- The overall footprint would remain the same
- We didn’t want to block her view, which is of the lake and is fabulous but wanted to allow for some privacy from a neighboring hi-rise in the evening.
- The space for a table & chairs is very small
- Paint instead of the wall paper
- The range and microwave (she had replaced the dishwasher and fridge a couple of years ago)
- Sink & faucet
- Window treatments
I look forward to showing you some pictures of the completed project next week!