I love to keep up on the latest in building products, so when I received a story about the International Home Builder’s Show in Orlando, I thought I’d take a peek and see what’s new and exciting. As usual, it was a nice mix of the practical and the comical so I thought I’d share some of my favorites.
On the practical side:
- Zodiaq’s Terra Quartz countertops which are 25% post-consumer recycled content. Quartz counters boast a number of great features like being carefree, stain-resistant, anti-microbial and harder than granite. It’s nice to know that it’s now also a little more “green”.
- Delta Faucet’s Touch 2O kitchen faucet which you only have to touch to operate. Nice when you have messy chicken hands!
- Lutron’s Diva/C-L dimmer switch that works on CFL’s (compact florescent lights) and LED’s (do I need to tell you what that stands for?). Regular dimmer switches don’t work for these so it’s great to have an option and Lutron products are great!
- American Ecopower is a company out of Italy that is just breaking into the American market. They offer an electric radiator that can be mounted as glass art. Cool! (I mean warm!) I wish I could’ve found their website to take a look, but I guess we’ll have to wait on that one.
Now for the comical ones-
- Gerber’s new Avalanche toilet. Seriously? Who came up with that name?
- Schlage now makes a door lock with a built-in alarm to prevent intruders from getting in, and also from your teenagers getting out. Hahahaha. Since when has a locked door ever stopped a teenager from getting out? Unless they make window alarms as well, I’d say it’s doubtful that it’d stop ANY determined teen. However, if you have aged parents that roam- it might just be helpful.
If you’d like to know more about the show and read more, check out the following:
Have you seen or heard of any great new products for your home? Let us know!