Recently, I had the pleasure of being selected to be one of a handful of designers from around the country to attend a special two day designer forum presented and hosted by Jenn-Air and led by Ellen Cheever- a rock star in the world of kitchen design. It was an exciting and enlightening couple of days! Jenn-Air put us all up in a lovely boutique hotel in downtown Chicago called the Palomar. We were whisked off for an afternoon of demonstrations and of course food, at the beautiful World of Whirlpool penthouse in the Reid- Murdoch building. For those of you who don’t know it, it’s the building downtown with the big clock tower on it facing the river. We got to tour the inside of the clock tower and look out at the spectacular view of Chicago!
The following day was another intensive day filled with demonstrations of the vast product line that Jenn-Air offers. Here are some of the insights that I came away with:
- Jenn-Air is a premium line of appliances, but with prices that usually fall below other premium brands.
- They offer some fabulous ovens that can even remember your favorite recipes!
- If you’re looking for a new cooktop, consider induction as opposed to gas or electric- it’s 90% efficient as opposed to 55% for electric and only 45% for gas. It also remains cool to the touch.
- Ventilation can be cool! (no pun intended ☺) Jenn-Air offers down-draft that is quiet, powerful, and can be duct-free.
- Have you ever seen a refrigerator with an Obsidian interior? You should check out http://jennair.com/obsidian-refrigerator for a peek!
- From your morning coffee until your final clean-up after dinner, Jenn-Air has the appliances to make your life easy and entertaining fun!
Here are some photos! For more photos, see our pinterest board.