Welcome to Chicago, where as they say- if you don’t like the weather, wait 10 minutes and it will change! What happened to Spring? I was gearing up for warmer and warmer days, but it’s gone from 40 to 80 within days. Sheesh! One day I’m complaining about how cold and rainy it’s been and the next day it’s about how hot and humid it is. I’ve been caught off-guard regarding the start of the summer pedicure season. Wasn’t I wearing boots about a week ago?
Ah well, as a native Chicagoan, one thing I’ve learned is that you have to go with the flow. So now I have my sights set on Summer, and I’m thinking of my favorite Summertime activities like:
- Backyard Barbeques with our friends- and staying outside late enough to annoy the neighbors with our raucous laughter.
- Enjoying all of the beautiful flowers (my favorites are lilacs, which should be blooming soon!)
- Breakfast outside as often as possible
- Seeing the Baltimore Orioles that return to our yard for a short time
- Seeing the hummingbirds that visit our feeders
- Our annual trip to the Lake with the kids- and hopefully my niece will join us this year
- Opening all of the windows and leaving them open unless it’s unbearably hot and humid
- Going to Ravinia with my girlfriends and not really caring about who’s playing
Yes, I could go on and on. What I enjoy most about being in a place where you experience all 4 seasons- however long or short they seem- is really watching the change happen and anticipating all the fun things to do in each season. What about you? What are your favorite Spring/Summer experiences and activities?